Empowering Muslim women to play an active role in their communities
Acton Community Forum are running FREE Women Only Workshops that will:
- Explore the key issues facing Muslim women in Britain;
- Celebrate the positive roles Muslim women play in their families, communities and society;
- Support Muslim women to be aware of the dangers and risks to their children’s safety;
- Promote support networks and services that are available to Muslim women; and
- Develop an understanding of key public sector services, and how they impact the local community.
As we are coming up to our 15th year we are reviewing what ACF means to organisations and groups and ensuring that our services are still relevant in the future.
Please take part in this short survey, which will take 5 mins. Thank you!
from 10am – 2pm at The Lido Centre
(63 Mattock Lane, W13 9LA)
Come Along to the Healthy Mind and Healthy Body Event on 16th November at Lido which is taking place as part of self care week which runs from 14/11 – 20/11. This week is also Alcohol awareness week which is themed with ‘know the risks’ so we will be including some info on this too.
The event is aimed at voluntary sector organisations and is happening as part of self-care week.
The aim of the event is to invite organisations to come along to the event and find out more about how important it is to keep a healthy mind and healthy body and how the two are interlinked so that they can then pass on info to their service users.
The event will provide information about:
- What is a healthy mind and why its’ important – how a healthy mind affects physical health
- Importance of keeping active
- Eating healthily
- Health trainers which will include info on smoking cessation, health checks, etc
There will be a range of self care info available including mental health self care, etc